Welcome to the Online Market!
Here is how it works:
There is a membership fee for customers to participate in online ordering. Cost is $5 per year. This helps up keep cost down for vendors and helps cover our fees for accepting Credit cards.
• Customers can place orders each week from Monday afternoon to Thursday Afternoon at 3 pm.
• Add items to your cart and proceed to checkout when ready. You must PRE PAY, for your order. Be sure to follow thru until you are prompted to click “place this order.”
• You MUST receive a confirmation email (Subject line is GFM Farmers Market Order Processed) for us to receive your order. Please make sure you have gotten this. If you don’t, please call, 552-3023.
• There is a 10% overhead charge on all orders. Think of it as the sales tax you would normally pay at a grocery store…but you don’t pay at the farmers market. This fee goes to our software designer and also covers our costs for coordinating this market and payment to vendors.
• Orders placed May to October are picked up at the Information Desk at Farmers Market Location, The Doak House Museum, on Saturdays, from 10 am to 11 am. Pre Ordered and Prepay Only at this time. NO REFUNDS ON “NO SHOWS”. If you are sick, please send someone else to retrieve your order.
PRODUCE WILL BE DONATED TO SHELTERS OR SOUP KITCHEN.
• May bring your own bag, basket, or box to pick up your produce,Crafts, Meats. Other wise all orders are prepackaged by vendor using CDC guidelines for safe handling.
• All orders must be prepaid.
• Create your customer account now to order, https://gfm.locallygrown.net/user/signin and get an email each week when the market is open, and receive updates about the Saturday market as well.
- Learn about our vendors by visiting their profiles at Our Growers, and get to know them in person at the Saturday morning market, May-October!
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- Are there membership fees?
- Will I have to buy vegetables I don't want?
- When do I pay?
- How do I order?
- When and Where do I pick up my order?
- Why Support Locally Grown?
- How Do I sell through this market?
- How Do I sign up as a New Customer
And here are some answers:
Are there membership fees?
There is a $5 per year membership fee for customers to participate in online ordering. There are 2 trial orders in place before the yearly charge is placed.
We do charge a 10% fee on purchases to cover overhead expenses. This fee will be automatically added to your order total.
Will I have to buy vegetables I don't want?
Unlike some co-ops, buying clubs, or CSAs where everyone gets the same box of stuff (and you don’t know what you’re getting until you get it), with Locally Grown you get to order what you want, in the quantities that you want, from the farms that you want. The weekly email lists the produce, milled products, fresh flowers, and artisan goods available that week, and you can browse the items on this website before you place your order.
When do I pay?
At this time during the current Covid-19 Crisis, PAYMENT IS ONLY ACCEPTED HERE ON LINE. YOU MUST PREPAY OR YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR ORDER.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
How do I order?
Each Monday evening, a list of available products is sent to all of our registered customers by e-mail. Customers must place their order for the week no later than Thursday Afternoon at 3 pm. Orders can be placed here on our website. Ordering through this web site is our preferred method as it is designed to reduce the amount of time it takes us to process orders as well as provide you with detailed information about our products.
When and Where do I pick up my order?
PICK UP WILL BE AT THE DOAK HOUSE 690 ERWIN HWY ON SATURDAYS, 10 TO 10:30 am only.
NO REFUNDS FOR NO SHOWS. Produce will be donated to shelters or soup kitchen.
PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR, BRING YOUR RECEIPT TO SHOW VOLUNTEER. WE WILL RETRIEVE YOUR ORDER FOR YOU AND BRING IT TO YOUR CAR.
WE ARE WORKING TO KEEP YOU, OUR VENDORS, VOLUNTEERS, UNIVERSITY STAFF, AND STUDENTS SAFE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Why Support Locally Grown?
Enhance your local economy: By purchasing produce and other items from local growers you are providing stability to your local economy through the support of local businesses.
Save natural resources: Buying locally makes you an invaluable link in the process of saving resources such as fossil fuels and packaging materials. Also, we are right here in your community so the expense of transportation and delivery is kept to a minimum.
Provide learning opportunities: Locally Grown supporters provide member growers the means to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
Supporting a way of life: The number of small farms in the United States has decreased dramatically in the last decade. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living.
We believe that small, diverse, family-owned farms contribute to society’s overall health.
How Do I sell through this market?
**First, sign up as a New Customer
**If you’ve already created a customer account here, simply go to Our Growers and click on ‘Join this Market’. Now that you are signed up both as a customer & have applied to join this market, Tell us more about yourself and your farm.
**This will add you to our system and our market managers will contact you with the next step.
**You must be an approved Vendor before you are added to this site. Once the managers have had a chance to review your information and have all the necessary licenses on file, you will be approved to sell through the market.
**To help speed up this process, if your farm does require any State or Federal licenses, please email them to Greeneville Farmers Market
**To sell Potted Plants, you Must have a current Greenhouse License. We must have that on file each year. Please send a copy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
**We do charge the customers an add’l 10% & a $5 yearly fee to cover cost of this online market. Like at a traditional farmers’ market, you do get to set your own prices and list your items as you wish. Contact Judy @ email@example.com if you want more information.
* If you sell baked goods, please state on your description page, if you are or are not a certified kitchen, if not please remember that you must have a sign displayed when customers pick up, that your products were made in a Home Based Kitchen that is not Certified or Inspected. (Also put this on your description page) Don’t forget if you bake with Nuts or peanut butter in your kitchen, you must inform customers of this also or have any highly allergic foods used in your kitchen that could cross contaminate. Be very careful with this. Make sure you cover everything.
* If you sell meat/fish/seafood/poultry you must be licensed in the State of Tennessee to do so & all products must be processed in a licensed USDA facility & contain that stamp. A copy of your license must be on file with us before we can approve your growers account.
* GFM will collect all monies from the customers. Vendors will be paid out on the Third week of the month. Exception to this will be if the vendor is owed more then $20 and submits a request for payment.
How Do I sign up as a New Customer
You can either go to the Sign in Page at the top or you can go to this address : (https://gfm.locallygrown.net/user/signin) to create an account.
We DO NOT have access to your password, so be sure to write it down in a secure place. If you lose it you will have to create a new account as we cannot reset it for you.